Wednesday, January 31, 2018

A New Direction - Amazing Paper Grace Creative Team

 
Hello friends! 
 
Today, I have a "good friends" canvas to share!  I created this for a new creative venture.  I'm excited to be part of Becca Feeken's Amazing Paper Grace Creative Team!!! 
I am so blessed to have this incredible opportunity!  Thanks Becca! 
If you aren't familiar with Becca's work, here's a link to her blog, Amazing Paper Grace. 
Lots of amazing inspiration there! 
 
 
I painted this mini 4 x 5 canvas with Vintage chalk paint.  Then I added the die cut pieces.  All were cut from white cardstock and inked with Iced Spruce Distress Oxide ink.  Because this die cut is much longer than the canvas, I've cut it to make it fit.  Those cuts are hidden under the tiny tags on each side.  I used these Spellbinders dies from Becca's Amazing Paper Grace designs:
 
Here's a photo showing where I cut apart the die cut pieces.  I apologize for the lighting.
 
 
I stamped the verse on white tissue paper and clear heat embossed it. I placed it on the canvas over wet paint.  The tissue sort of melted into the paint. The color came right through with a tiny shadowy look.  Adds to the vintage look!
The tiny flowers were die cut, colored with markers and shaped before gluing to the frame.  Oh, there's pearl cotton threaded through the frame with tiny pearls between. 
 
 
So happy to share this with you!!!
Thank you so much for stopping by!
 
Be Creative,
Judy

Supplies:
4 x 5 Stretched Canvas
Penny Black Stamp
DecoArt Chalky Finish Vintage
Distress Oxide Iced Spruce Ink
Distress Markers
Want 2 Scrap Pearls
White Card Stock
White Tissue Paper

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your cardmaking inspires me! So there! Lol beautiful, very elegant! I signed up for your blog so I’m looking forward to seeing more of your work. Thank you for sharing !

Lona J said...

Judy, such a work of art. I look forward to your creativity! Thanks!

Quietfire said...

So happy we'll be seeing more of your work!

SandArt said...

Hi, Judy,
So happy you've joined the Amazing Paper Grace creative team! Welcome! I love your creation: the color, the threading you did with cotton thread and the clever way you disguised your cuts in the frame die. I think the tiny tag makes a lovely embellishment.
Looking forward to seeing all of your beautiful creations!
Blessings, Sandy

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Congratulations! This is such a beautiful little canvas and I love your little cutting trick!

Becca Feeken said...

I so love your canvas and the colors are magical!! We're so happy to have you and can hardly wait to see what you dream up!!